Thursday 22 August 2013

Today's Song Is...

Copyright © SteamPoweredGiraffe

Now, love it or hate it, either way you can blame Jeremy over at Being Retro, as he posted this tune some time ago, and since listening to it, I can't get the damn thing out of my head - plus I think it's far better than  the original (only my humble opinion ~ dons flame-proof suit ready for the flaming  :P ), though I like that too - the original, not flaming.

I now have this cover version on my iPad and is part of my training music compilation having purchased it from iTunes.

What is it? It is a cover of Rhiana's 'Diamonds', by none other than Steam Powered Giraffe - by clicking on the link you will be taken to their official website, where you can find out all about them. So, without further ado, here is their version of 'Diamonds' ~ thanks Jeremy :)



4 comments:

Heather M. Gardner said...

I've never heard that song. This guys voice is truly beautiful to listen to. I had to close my eyes cause the video was so distracting. :) A lot like Peter Gabriel. Love the music, hate the videos. Thanks for sharing this.
Heather

Mark K said...

Hate is a strong word, but then, so is love and you mention both, so at least you're balanced ;) But glad you like the song.

Jeremy [Retro] said...

i had tried bringing these guys to an interview... alas it fell apart.
very cool song/remake.

Mark K said...

Now that would have been a cool interview.