Sunday 8 May 2016

Luna

 

  She eased out from under the cool cotton sheet like a ghost and padded across the bare floor boards with feline grace, her movements a ballet of pleasure, moonlight casting her naked form in a pale silver-grey.
  He watched in breathless silence, drinking in her beauty, tears rolling down his cheeks, his heart filled with love, his soul at peace with time stood still.
A gentle honeysuckle breeze teased gently across his skin, his senses heady and drunk. 
  "You look like a beautiful angel," he sighed.
  "I'm no angel." Her eyes regarded him with feral interest.
  "I know," smiled his voice. "I love you so much."
  A veil of midnight black fell across her face, only the twinkling of her eyes remained, "I must leave."
  "So soon?" He moved to stand in front of her, head bowed like a child scorned.
  She gently lifted his chin with her fingers and kissed his lips tenderly, "Summon me on the morrow of dusk, my love."
 
Her moonlit form faded to nothing as tear drops flowered upon the floor at his feet.


No comments: